Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Tanzania and Mt. Kilimanjaro Adventure Begins!

The time has arrived for my long awaited trip to Tanzania and an attempt to trek to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro, highest place in Africa at 19,340 feet! I will try to post images and stories while on the trip so keep watching Earthly-Musings. Thank you for reading. Until then look at some photos of the top of Kili that I took on an Around the World trip in 2013.

Approaching the mountain from the east and north

It looks mighty steep on the way to the crest. Yikes!

This feature is called the ash-pit and is an obvious eruptive crater

I'm pretty sure that our final ascent will be in the notch in the fall wall of the crater. Wish me well!

3 comments:

  1. Imagine hiking the canyon backwards. Awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I wonder how long before the big cats figure out the people in all those open vehicles are Spam in an open can.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment will not post, email me with the problem.